Your go-to guide to learn how to code procedures.
Written in a conversational language that speaks directly to you, this hands-on instructional resource walks you step-by-step through the nuances of CPT® coding to impart a firm foundation for coding success.
Master basic CPT® coding concepts with learning objectives, numerous examples, overviews, and coding reference tools throughout this resource. Understand the basics of procedure coding with ample exercises. The CPT® Coding Book for Beginners has you covered—and is a great resource for coding instructors, as well.
Take the plunge into CPT® coding:
- Learn your way around the HCPCS code sets
- Delve into HCPCS Level I codes
- Understand the CPT® code structure
- Rid the mystery from HCPCS Level II codes
- Develop a working knowledge of HCPCS Level I & Level II codes
- Improve your understanding with anatomical and procedural illustrations
- Flex your Category I-III muscles with practice exercises
- Know your code options in the Index
- Try these space-saving conventions
- Tackle code descriptions with practice exercises
- Learn CPT® classifications with practice exercises
- Navigate the CPT® coding guidelines with instructions
- Explore pathology and laboratory guidelines
- Practice coding services in pathology and laboratory
- Get acquainted with code symbols, deleted codes and text, and resequencing notes
- Learn the nuts and bolts of CPT® appendices with practice exercises
- Become familiar with unlisted procedures and services with practice exercises
- Get the skinny on modifiers with practice exercises
- Code services and procedures that include time
- Append Category I codes with practice exercises
- MACRA – MIPS and APMS – with practice exercises
- And more!
PLUS—make the grade with:
- Comprehensive review exercises
- CPT® modifiers with lay descriptions
- HCPCS modifiers with lay descriptions
Build your CPT® coding foundation—or get the most from your coding team—with the easy-to-understand explanations, examples, and practice exercises in the CPT® Coding Book for Beginners.
ORDER NOWor call 1-800-508-2582 today to get your copy.
For bulk orders at discount, call us at 1-800-508-2582 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
*CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association