Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Pathology/Lab Coding Alert

Reader Question:
Distinguish Clinical Panel Test from Panel Code

Question: Our lab performs the obstetrics panel, but we use the automated treponemal antibody test to screen for syphilis. How should we code this? Wisconsin Subscriber Answer: CPT® provides two obstetric panel codes, so the first thing you need to do is define which panel you’re performing. Code 80081 includes an HIV test, while 80055 does not. CPT® lists which [...]