ICD-10 Coder Practical Applications
for $499.95 per year
ICD-10 Will Change the Number of Codes Reported for Diagnoses, Their Coding Guidelines, and Impact Your Systems. This Self-Paced E-Learning Course Prepares You for Using ICD-10.
Easy How-to ICD-10 Basic Coding Advice from the Coding Institute Staff for Successful ICD-10 Training
Whether you're an AAPC or AHIMA certified coder or a noncertified coder, SuperCoder's ICD-10 Coder Practical Applications E-Learning focused on only the elements you need saves you time and money. Get the knowledge from basics to coding guidelines to ensure continued certification and pay using ICD-10-CM.
Quick-view dashboard so you see your progress :
- Straightforward guidance on the essential ICD-10 points makes tackling the new system doable
- Tons of examples bring ICD-10 to live
- Concise sections make getting the facts quick and fun
- Plain English explanations help you understand the ICD-10 coding system fundamentals
- Discover the impact ICD-10 will have on your billing and software systems to keep payment streaming in.
Billing and Technology
The ICD-10-CM implementation is a major challenge for the entire healthcare industry. This section teaches you about various billing and technology requirements in context to the ICD-10-CM conversion. Topics covered include:
- Version 5010
- Claims Processing
- Dual Claims Processing
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Billing and Technology CEU Quiz-ICD-10 guide
Learn the nuts and bolts of the ICD-10-CM (International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification) US coding system that will be to report various diagnoses and encounter reason(s) starting Oct. 1, 2014. Gain awareness of ICD-10-CM history, applicability, implementation techniques, and learning methodology. Topics covered include:
- Why should I learn ICD-10 now?
- Brief History of ICD
- Who else is using ICD-10?
- Why is ICD-9-CM Changing?
- What's so great about ICD-10-CM?
- What's the difference between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM besides 'more room' and greater specificity?
- What do I not have to re-learn for ICD-10-CM?
- Example 1
- Example 2
- Example 3
- What should I do with these ICD-10 basics?
- Basics CEU Quiz-ICD-10 guide
Structure and Organization
Start looking up ICD-10 codes with the tools you need included in this section. Come away with understanding the layout of ICD-10-CM, the number of codes the system carries, the structure of these codes, the navigation techniques, and critical code conventions. You'll get the answers to:
- How many codes are in the ICD-10-CM coding manual?
- What will my first character be?
- How many characters can an ICD-10-CM code have?
- Will my ICD-10-CM manual be hard to navigate?
- How does the ICD-10-CM Alphabetic Index differ?
- Will I discover any changes to the Tabular List?
- How do I navigate the code categories in the Tabular List?
- What ICD-10-CM code conventions do I need to know?
- Are the "Notes" different in ICD-10-CM?
- Structure and Organization CEU Quiz-ICD-10 guide
Explore Medicare's code mapping resource commonly known as the GEMs that providers, health information vendors, and payers can use to derive their ICD-10 codes for some ICD-9 codes. Plus, be able to identify the differences between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS. Topics covered include:
- What are GEMs?
- Are GEMs a true crosswalk?
- What are the GEMs relationships like?
- What key terms should you know?
- What is an example of a GEM?
- What do the flags mean?
- Approximate Flag
- No Map Flag
- Combination Flag
- Scenario Flag
- Choice Flag
- What should you do with this GEMs knowledge?
- GEMs CEU Quiz-ICD-10 guide
Go in-depth into ICD-10's coding guidelines. These section-specific rules are essential for correct coding and often hold critical information beyond a code's description. Topics covered include:
- Acquaint Yourself With All ICD-10-CM Codes
- Check Your Code Characters
- Capture Single Condition With Multiple Codes
- Report Multiple Conditions With Single Code
- Delve Into Late Effects (Sequela)
- Don't Let Threatened Conditions Go Unnoticed
- Can You Report Same Diagnosis More Than Once?
- Choose Your Side(s): Laterality in ICD-10-CM
- More Documentation Issues: BMI and Pressure Ulcer Stages
- Coding Guidelines CEU Quiz-ICD-10 guide
The ICD-10-CM references is a quick list to get you to definitive resources for further ICD-10 exploration.